RRE is Hiring an Analyst in NYC!May 05, 2014 Back to blog
THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED.
We're looking for someone who is deeply passionate and knowledgeable about technology and markets, has exceptional analytical skills, and will serve as a draw for, and support to, incredible entrepreneurs.
Because our team is small, our analyst is expected to take initiative, support a wide range of activities in parallel, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Specifically, our analyst:
- identifies new opportunities, both specific start-ups and broad themes,
- supports the analysis, diligence, and execution of new and follow-on financings,
- is the point person on fund analysis for the investment team and LPs,
- provides strategic and financial analysis to our portfolio companies,
- becomes actively engaged in all aspects of New York's start-up community,
- and works with each member of our investment team.
There is no "right" or typical background for the role. However, the ideal candidate will have:
- a degree in computer science, engineering, design or similar from a top university,
- 1-4 years of experience at a technology company, consulting firm, or investment bank,
- demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurial experience,
- a balance between being analytical and imaginative,
- and an excellent network in the start-up communities in New York and Silicon Valley.
You’re probably a good fit if you:
- spend your weekends building things, taking things apart, tinkering,
- consider the terms nerd, hacker, mad scientist, or odd as compliments,
- consider your brain and body as objects to be hacked into higher levels of efficiency,
- welcome our future robot overlords,
- understand the terms HN, agile, innovator's dilemma, and UIUX,
- and most importantly, genuinely care about working with great people.
We expect a tremendous amount from our analyst, but we believe it is one of the best opportunities to enter the venture capital industry! Starting date is flexible for summer/fall 2014.
Candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, optional links to content (GitHub, Twitter, Medium, Tumblr, blog, etc.), and a description of why you would be an excellent candidate.